Catholic Near East Welfare Association (CNEWA) is a papal agency that works for, through and with the Eastern Catholic churches to identify needs and implement solutions to help the poor and disadvantaged in Northeast Africa, India, the Middle East and Eastern Europe. CNEWA seeks a driven and multi-talented Development Associate with a passion for its mission and the ability to enhance its fundraising efforts.
The main responsibilities of the Development Associate are:
- Provides admin support to the development team including scheduling of meetings and preparations of reports.
- Prepare acknowledgement letters.
- Assists in creating promotional/marketing materials for fund-raising use.
- Conduct prospect research and prepare donor files
- Assists in the planning and execution of donor special events.
- Maintains donor records in the donor database.
- Tracking, segmenting and reporting of gifts based on funding streams.
- Coordinates electronic and social media communications.
- Interest in nonprofit fund raising and strong passion for humanitarian causes.
- Energetic, excellent work ethic, organized and a willingness/ability to “roll up sleeves” and multi-task.
- A comprehension of the Catholic Church, culture and terminology is a strong plus.
- Exhibits inclusive world view and an understanding of the Eastern Churches, with a grasp of the social, cultural and political environments of the countries and people served by CNEWA.
- Sharp customer service and communications skills with an ability to interact with donors across all levels.
- Excellent interpersonal abilities.
- Web and social media savvy.
- 1-3 years’ experience in nonprofit sector in a fund-raising capacity.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience.
If you share these interests and a passion for advancing CNEWA’s humanitarian and pastoral programs, please forward your cover letter, resume, three writing samples and salary requirements to HR@CNEWA.org. Please indicate the position for which you are applying in the subject line.