Catholic Near East Welfare Association (CNEWA) is a papal agency that works for, through and with the Eastern Catholic churches to identify needs and implement solutions to help the poor and disadvantaged in Northeast Africa, India, the Middle East and Eastern Europe. CNEWA seeks a driven and multi-talented Development Associate with a passion for our mission and with the proven ability to engage, encourage and cultivate donor support and relationships.
The main responsibilities of the Development Associate are:
- Informs, educates and animates the interest of select assigned donors about the varieties of charitable giving opportunities.
- Maintains portfolio of assigned major donors and targeted prospects; tracking and monitoring their giving capacity, history, and interests.
- Establishes nurtures and develops effective relationships with select donors; makes personal visits to and initiates communications with select donors.
- In collaboration with the Director of Development, develops tailored presentations for meetings and events, as well as proposals and supporting documentation for select funders.
- Maintains donor records in the donor database; ensures that accurate and detailed records are maintained for all initiatives and touchpoints of assigned donors and beyond.
- Assists the Director of Development in the planning and implementation of fundraising activities and events. Attends relevant industry meetings and works at placing CNEWA leadership as speakers on relevant programs, parish outreach or workshops; helps organize various events (public and invitation only) to help promote CNEWA as appropriate
- Coordinates social media with other team members.
- Prepare acknowledgement letters.
- Assists with generating reports and analysis.
- Interest in nonprofit fund raising and strong passion for humanitarian causes.
- Energetic, excellent work ethic, organized and a willingness/ability to “roll up sleeves” and multi-task.
- A comprehension of the Catholic Church, culture and terminology is a strong plus.
- Exhibits inclusive world view and an understanding of the Eastern Churches, with a grasp of the social, cultural and political environments of the countries and people served by CNEWA.
- Sharp customer service and communications skills with an ability to interact with donors across all levels.
- Ability to travel and flexibility to work evenings and weekends.
- Excellent interpersonal abilities.
- Web and social media savvy.
- Minimum of 2-3 years’ experience in nonprofit sector in a fund-raising capacity.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience.
If you share these interests and a passion for advancing CNEWA’s humanitarian and pastoral programs, please forward your cover letter, resume, three writing samples and salary requirements to HR@CNEWA.org. Please indicate the position for which you are applying in the subject line.