CNEWA is procuring emergency relief supplies in India in response to requests from local church partners there, announced Msgr. Peter I. Vaccari, president.
CNEWA’s regional director, M.L. Thomas, based in the southwestern city of Ernakulam, reports that supplies, which average about $16 per family, include:
- Food kits to 16,114 families
- 3,400 kits filled with personal protective equipment
- 7,221 boxes containing soap, sanitizer, handwash, masks, gloves and face shields
- Medicine kits for 1,250 families
- 45 disinfectant foggers
- 10 oxygen flowmeter and humidifier bottles
- 10 cots for patients
- 500 sets of bed linens.
The heads of local COVID-19 committees of the Syro-Malabar and Syro-Malankara Catholic churches are working with CNEWA in India in the procurement and distribution of the above items.
Click here to learn how you can help CNEWA do more to combat the pandemic in India.