Thank you for your interest in employment with Catholic Near East Welfare Association (CNEWA).
We’re all about transforming compassion into action. Across the Middle East, Northeast Africa, India and Eastern Europe, CNEWA is hard at work in places where war and poverty shatter innocent lives. Every day, we express the Holy Father’s love for those who are suffering. Long after others have left, we are there providing consistency and hope to the Catholic Eastern churches and the communities they serve, regardless of faith. We are privileged and humbled to part of this special mission. Our work is a personal calling and we like to hear from you, if you have the calling to transform lives. Consider a career with a papal agency!
• Copy Writer
CNEWA seeks a creative copy writer that will write and edit compelling copy for direct mail, email appeals, social media, program fact sheets, donor acknowledgments letters, web, video scripts and more. Tailor copy for diverse audiences while staying true to our message and brand and help plan highly effective strategies for engaging new donors and existing supporters. You will gather and develop personal stories and other content from beneficiaries to bolster our outreach to current donors and inspire new donors in support of our mission. This position will form an integral part of our NYC HQ office Creative team, will work closely with colleagues and teams across all organizational levels to develop and drive creative and marketing initiatives. This position reports directly to the Director of Creative Services.
- An ideal candidate possess initiative to succeed, is a creative thinker, a skilled conversational writer and storyteller.
- 3- 5 years of professional writing experience with a focus on nonprofit fundraising, marketing or PR.
- Versatile, adept at a broad spectrum of writing, from letters to donors to social media posts to taglines to landing pages to email blasts to video scripts and anything in between.
- Impeccable writing craft and a flair for brevity.
- Edit work to ensure it’s typo-free, grammatically correct, and on voice.
- Able to successfully work under deadline pressure and meet goals.
- Strong ability to juggle multiple assignments accurately in a fast-moving workplace.
- Knowledge of current industry thinking on creative content strategy and execution.
- Imaginative with a clear style of writing, with receptivity to feedback and criticism.
- Develop understanding of agency work, target audience and competitor activities in the market.
- Able to adapt to ever-changing creative and marketing trends and an ability to try new things, take chances, test and reevaluate approaches as necessary.
- Knowledge of the social, cultural, political, and religious environments of the countries served by CNEWA are a strong plus.
- Experience in digital media workflows and technology.
- BA, BS and/or MA, MS in Communications, Advertising, Marketing, PR, Brand Management, Creative Writing, Journalism or English.
Primary responsibilities include, but are not exclusive to:
- Assists in the planning and development of content for informational, promotional, marketing and fundraising purposes.
- Drafts fundraising copy, developing an agency voice that expresses need with dignity and hope, and creates other content as needed for multiple agency print and digital publications.
- Brainstorms and writes campaign-platform concepts and messaging.
- Revises draft of programmatic descriptive materials, such as biographies of underserved children, seminarians and novices.
- Prepares informative profiles of institutions and countries to assist in donor reporting.
- Drafts creative descriptions of agency projects for promotional purposes.
- Align ad copy with creative strategy, ensuring cohesive messaging and tone.
- Partner with key stakeholders across CNEWA to craft messaging that accomplishes mission goals while building a relationship with our audiences.
How to apply:
If you share these interests and a passion for advancing CNEWA’s humanitarian and pastoral programs, please forward your cover letter, resume and salary requirements to HR@CNEWA.org. Please indicate the position for which you are applying in the subject line.
CNEWA is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.