Website Accessibility Statement
The Catholic Near East Welfare Association (CNEWA) is committed to diversity, inclusion, and accessibility in everything we do. These core values are fundamental to the services and support we provide.
With this in mind, we are continuously taking steps to improve cnewa.org and ensure it complies with the best practices and standards defined by Section 508 of the U.S. Rehabilitation Act, the Americans With Disabilities Act (ADA website accessibility) and the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG 2.0 Level AA and AAA).
Our Current Accessibility Features:
- Alternative text detail for appropriate images and other non-text elements.
- Title attributes for additional information about links and indication of new browser windows.
- Structural markup to indicate headings and lists to aid in page comprehension.
- Logical tabbing sequence to make navigating the website with just a keyboard user friendly.
- Active elements are highlighted with a high-contrast color to enhance the experience of keyboard only site navigation.
- Association of forms with labels.
Our efforts to make the website as accessible as possible are ongoing. As we continue to improve our website, we will reflect any changes here within our accessibility statement. If you would like to contact us to let us know how we might help you to have a better experience while visiting cnewa.org, please call 1-212-826-1480 or email us at email@example.com.