Our December 2021 issue of ONE is now available online.
Young people grace most of the pages of this issue, not only as beneficiaries of the impactful programming of CNEWA’s partners around the world, but as protagonists of hope for their families and their countries.
In this issue:
- Young Sudanese and South Sudanese refugees in Cairo put all their efforts into education, in schools run by the Comboni Missionaries, in the hope of improving their family situations long-term.
- Young adults in conflict-ridden Ethiopia learn about peace, fraternity and community-building as ways for their country to move forward.
- A young religious sister in India speaks about the need for the church to be courageous and continue serving the poor amid the ongoing pandemic.
- In the Gaza Strip, young parents and their children seek effective ways to overcome the traumatic effects of war and get on with rebuilding their lives.
- While in Lebanon, Catholic hospitals struggle to retain nurses and doctors, who continue to emigrate to countries with more stable economies, putting the country’s health care system at risk.
We share these stories as part of our mission to help foster a sense of connection to the lives of our brothers and sisters in the East, whose churches are youthful, hopeful and energetic, despite the grave challenges they face.